WebsiteVoice

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Illustration Friday: Garden

I really do want to be a more consistent blogger, but that mean, nasty flu bug got me the other week, and threw off all my plans. I was feeling better last week, but my creative brain was still all mushy, and the ideas were just not flowing. But, when I saw this week's beautiful topic I just couldn't let it pass by without drawing up something new in the sketchbook. I thought this would be fun to traditionally paint, so I did some small tests, and realized that I didn't have enough time to do the details justice. I also desperately need to buy some new gouache paints since most of my tubes are dried up and old. So my big plan for tomorrow is to make a trip to Blick's.
(Digitally painted in Photoshop)

15 comments:

timafli said...

Nice colors and line composition.

Anonymous said...

This is fresh and pretty! The shades of blue and red are very nice. Have fun buying new paints:>

Nessa Dee said...

Simple and beautiful! I love the bold red flowers against the cool blue scene.

Bee said...

Charming piece, a lovely lightness.

Nina Seven N7 said...

angela - this is very sweet. glad you are feeling better!

Queen Tut said...

Lovely, such a beautiful mood you created!

janie said...

beautifully cool yet summery

Anonymous said...

this is lovely and sweet!!

a : )

my profile said...

I can almost feel the summer breeze. Lovely!

elizabeth said...

Simple and sweet. Very nice!

lil kim said...

this is so beautiful. your colour choice is PERFECT!

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better. I had a cold last week and slept forthree days.Ugh.Love the subtle twist of the flower stems.Great figure. Ilove this piece.

Tom Barrett said...

Nice. I thought it was watercolor until you mentioned it was done in Photoshop. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you are feeling better. This is very sweet and beautiful. You managed to get a very traditional look, it's amazing! Do you make your own brushes in PS?

Really nice job.

Angela Matteson said...

Thanks everyone!

Linda, no I haven't yet mastered brush making. This is my first experiment with a great set that Alex Dukal has offered on his blog for free. http://pelicanosypescados.blogspot.com/2008/03/artistic-brushes-para-photoshop-free.html