WebsiteVoice

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Illustration Friday: Welcome

I thought I would welcome autumn with a new fall-themed blog header. I've been meaning to update it all year! The new autumn breezes are making me want to start all sorts of new projects. A new season brings all kinds of possibilities, and fall especially, maybe because we're so trained for this being the time of year when school starts, always feels like a time to leave the frivolous summer behind, and get serious again. This feels like a more apropos time than New Year's to set down some goals. Of course, my head is spinning with a bit too much of what I want to do, and the chilly, darker nights are making me a bit more sleepy, so I'm not doing so hot on my To Do list yet. The trick I found to completing this tonight was to get straight to it after getting home from work, and skipping dinner. But, hungry now, so time to get something to eat, and make blueberry muffins for tomorrow's office potluck.

16 comments:

thedoodlegirl said...

Loooove it!!

Eric M. Smith said...

Perfect! And now I know what to do with all that left over candy corn in November. Here squirrely squirrely squirrel...

donny* said...

really love this. great line work and color.

Eric Barclay said...

A little late for the party, but what an entrance! Love your new header! Hope all is well with you and enjoy your dinner!

xenos said...

now that's a header alright. nicely done angela...

Olivier aubin said...

whaou it's fresh! well done!

Bino

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Aww! I love your style!! Great blog!!

michael robertson said...

very cute! I love that little squirrel with the candy corn.

WilsonW said...

Candy Corn and squirrels!! How can you go wrong!!? Really like your new header and sleepy owls!! :)

Zari said...

Really nice header, both characters and composion are beautiful!

Bella Sinclair said...

Yay!!! This is terrific goodness! Haha, gotta love the candy corn. So Autumn. And I must tell you, I simply LOVE your modify painting.

Any muffins left for me?

Angela Matteson said...

Thank you everyone! Glad to see all the squirrely support. :)

And yes Bella, there are muffins left! I threw them in the freezer, so they'll be ready for visiting friends, so stop on by! :) They're the Fiber One Blueberry muffins, but you'd never know it. So yummy!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is simply beautiful!! I adore the fall and this banner just welcomes it with all with share delight! I love the little animal friends and the colors are so on point and delicious! I feel welcomed! I really, really do. I love and Magnify is just wonderful and sweet! Great work and thanks so much for stopping by. Have a good one!!

Amy C said...

this is so sweet and totally adorable and so perfect for fall, the colors and the cute little forest creatures, it makes a great header too.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

What a great header!! I love the super sweet look. Plus the squirrel holding the candy corn so lovingly...aww!

Ascender Rises Above said...

visiting from facebook. loving this header; I was thinking the other day that is time to change mine. I like the modify girl below; like a living thistle.