Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ISM: 10 year Anniversary Exhibition

naturalistic pantheism - acrylic on wood
I was honored to be invited to participate in the ISM- 10 year anniversary exhibition. Each artist was asked to illustrate a word ending in __ism, or to define our own __ism. I chose naturalistic pantheism, for it is the __ism I felt most connected to. The core of naturalistic pantheism is reverence and respect for nature and the wider universe.

_______ism will be on display at the ISM: 10 year celebration at Grand Central Art Center from Saturday, July 7 until Sunday, August 12.


Grand Central Art Center: 125 N. Broadway, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 7, 7:00pm until 10:00pm
Closing Reception: Saturday, August 4, 7:00pm until 10:00pm
The exhibition will be on display from Saturday, July 7 until Sunday, August 12. 

 
close-up
close-up
Andy, the furry art director, is unimpressed

work in progress

Happy Summer Solstice!

16 comments:

Claudio Cerri said...

Super cool illustration

Guiomar González said...

Wonderful...

Martina Visnjic art said...

Beautiful illustration!

Angela Matteson said...

thank you!

Diandra Mae said...

She's gorgeous, Angela!

Redheaded Stepchild said...

Love the palette - gorgeous painting, Angela!

Jennifer Noel Bower said...

You are just so incredibly talented and your style so unique. I just adore everything you create.

Maria Bogade said...

I love the new clean look of your blog! The new painting is just marvelous, Angela! I really love the color scheme, it goes so well with the natural theme and has a bit of a spring-like nature awakening feeling to it! Beautiful!!!!

Angela Matteson said...

Thank you so much, friends!
I feel like a lot of me went into this piece, and I thoroughly enjoyed working on it.

rachel awes said...

my soul loves this.
i can hear her. xox

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Lovely painting! I like your art director >^..^<

Cindy D. said...

Wow! So beautiful! I just love your style and all the special touches. The colors are perfect.

TinyRed said...

Stunning!

ti-igra said...

Your pictures so beautiful!!!! Like a music in quiet forest! :))

Sara Burrier said...

Gorgeous palette and concept. Beautifully rendered and so spirit filled!

Angela Matteson said...

thank you, everyone!