WebsiteVoice

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

2010 OAL Thumb Box Exhibition


While everyone was eating turkey last weekend I was enjoying a 4 day painting marathon to complete the last 2 paintings for this year's OAL Thumb Box Show. Participating in last year's exhibition marked  a new painting technique for me as started painting with Atelier Interactive Acrylics on wood panels. I ended up loving the process, and I love working with the woodgrain.

Tonight, I found out my 'Piggie with his Kiddie Bank' already sold!

*Update: 'A Boy and His Duck' & ' Carrot Donut Thief' sold the day of the opening!

I'll be making these available in my print shoppe soon.

Annual Thumb Box Exhibition
Location: OAL Gallery & The OSU Arts Initiative
Opening Reception: Thursday, December 2, 6 - 9 p.m.
On view: December 2 - 29, 2010

6 comments:

Liz Revit said...

Beautiful! I especially love the little rabbit running with the doughnut.

Kristi Valiant said...

The piggie with a kiddie bank is a hilarious idea! Very clever, Angela!

Abz said...

very nice! ;)

Bobbie Dacus said...

Beautiful paintings! I love your color. Have you ever worked with Open Acrylics? If so, do you like the Atelier Interactive Acrylics are better?

Angela Matteson said...

Bobbie,
Thank you! No, I haven't worked with Open Acrylics, so I wouldn't know how they compare. I have added some Acryla Gouache for brighter colors occasionally, but not on these since the Acryla Gouache gets thick fast and I wanted the woodgrain to show more.

Céline Lamour-Crochet said...

Beautiful. Specially the little boy! So cute!